Fragrance Chemicals of Concern Present on the IFRA List 2015
Fragrance Chemicals on the EU Annex ii: Chemicals prohibited from cosmetics in the EU
Additional fragrance chemicals of concern present on IFRA List 2015:
- Assigned the pictogram GHS08 “Health Hazard” by UN GHS. Click here.
- Assigned the pictogram GHS06 “Skull and Crossbones” by UN GHS. Click here.
- Assigned the signal word “Warning” by UN GHS. Click here.
- Assigned the signal word “Danger” by UN GHS. Click here.
- On the European Union Endocrine Disruptors Priority List. Click here.
- On the Canadian Cosmetic Ingredient HotList – chemicals prohibited & restricted for use in cosmetics in Canada. Click here.
- On the Washington State List of Chemicals of High Concern to Children. Click here.
- On the California Proposition 65, carcinogens and reproductive toxicants. Click here.
- Classified as carcinogens by the IARC Monographs, Volumes 1–113. Click here.
- Found in the National Toxicology Program 13th Report on Carcinogens. Click here.
- On the California Department of Toxic Substances Control Candidate Chemical List. Click here.
- On the European Union Substances of Very High Concern List. Click here.
- On the ChemSec SIN List. Click here.
- Designated Toxic Substances in South Korea. Click here.
This data is included in Women’s Voices for the Earth’s report: Unpacking the Fragrance Industry. Please cite accordingly.
|CAS #||Chemical name|
|111-46-6||Diethylene glycol (DEG); 2,2′-oxydiethanol for traces level, see Annex III|
|111-77-3||2-(2-Methoxyethoxy)ethanol (Diethylene glycol monomethyl ether; DEGME)|
|128-80-3||1,4-bis(p-Tolylamino)anthraquinone (Solvent Green 3; CI 61565) when used as a substance in hair dye products|
|4548-53-2||Disodium 3-[(2,4-dimethyl-5-sulphonatophenyl)azo]-4-hydroxynaphthalene-1-sulphonate (Ponceaux SX; CI 14700) when used as a substance in hair dye products|
|64742-14-9||Distillates (petroleum), acid-treated light, except if the full refining history is known and it can be shown that the substance from which it is produced is not a carcinogen|
|64742-46-7||Distillates (petroleum), hydrotreated middle, except if the full refining history is known and it can be shown that the substance from which it is produced is not a carcinogen|
|64742-52-5||Distillates (petroleum), hydrotreated heavy naphthenic, if they contain > 3% w/w DMSO extract|
|6535-42-8||4-[(4-Ethoxyphenyl)azo]naphthol (Solvent Red 3; CI 12010) and its salts, when used as a substance in hair dye products|
|6706-82-7||2,2′-[Cyclohexylidenebis[(2-methyl-4,1-phenylene)azo]]bis[4-cyclohexylphenol] (Solvent Yellow 29; CI 21230) when used as a substance in hair dye products|
|8007-00-9||Peru balsam (INCI name: Myroxylon pereirae), when used as a fragrance ingredient|
|84852-15-3||4-Nonylphenol, branched |